Eligibility: Bachelor Degree
Experience: 1 – 3 yrs
Job Role: Associate Engineer – Software
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services.
1. Primary responsibility of this role is development and enhancement of the control for the vehicle transmissions and other VG products.
2. Design, develop & maintain software for VG projects, transmission control –XEV platform.
3. Collaborate with global team to understand, document and clarify the technical requirements
4. Design & develop Core software modules in C/C++
5. Test and validate the software modules in Bench & HiLs environment
6. Integrate, debug and calibrate the software modules on the target vehicle
7. Support the establishment of MiLS/HiLS framework required for development
8. Synergies and leverages engineering capabilities across groups.
9. Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; APEX, Employee Survey, EBEA, and DFSS.
Education: Bachelor in Mechanical/Electrical /Automotive/Software/Mechatronics engineering – with relevant Real-Time Software Development Experience
Experience: 1 – 3 years experience with using C/C++ for Embedded Systems – experience working with CANape, CANalyzer, ClearCase, ClearQuest development tools is highly desirable.
1. Strong problem solving and software debugging skills.
2. Hands-on experience in C/C++ and V & V Tools
3. Knowledge of requirement management tools DOORS and configuration management tools viz. ClearCase•
4. Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills – experience working in International teams is highly recommended
5. Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc.