Company: Red Hat
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1+ yrs
Job Role: Associate Software Engineer
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
Job Description :
1. Collaborate with the Engineering, Quality Engineering, Product Management, Documentation, and product build teams and the open source community
2. Write code for new features including unit and integration tests
3. Install and configure various offerings to understand integration features to be developed
4. Submit patches for bug fixes to the upstream community and review patches from other community members
5. Monitor and help fix issues identified during functional, non-functional, platform, and acceptance testing
6. Maintain and improve the continuous integration (CI) builds of our offerings
7. Be engaged in related upstream communities.
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field.
Experience: 1+ year(s) of programming experience on Linux or any UNIX platform
2. Experience developing web-based user interfaces
3. Exposure to programming using Python
4. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn language and domain skills; curiosity about new technologies and skills
5. Great written and verbal communication skills
6. Exposure to continuous integration (CI) frameworks and tools