Company: Rockwell Collins
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Job Role: Software Engineer
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and defense. Our expertise in flight-deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management and simulation and training is strengthened by our global service and support network spanning 150 countries.
1. Expand and apply knowledge: Product domain, Requirements, Design, Development, Test and Release software processes, tools, methods and coding best practices with primary emphasis on taking technical ownership in a software component of the product domain.
2. Develop and document component and moderate changes to software requirements documentation, applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods in the management and tracking of software requirements baseline.
3. Design, code, test, integrate and document software of moderate complexity within software services, software components, software test tools and software test scripts. Prepare software builds for execution in a simulation environment, reference platforms and on the target hardware. Understands and utilizes the appropriate RC processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improving customer satisfaction.
4. Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
5. Contribute to the engineering estimates for tasks such as change requests or problem reports.
6. Create unit testing ability (along with continued regression testing ability) such that software components may be developed and comprehensively tested in a simulation environment – if such an environment does not exist, consider various alternatives to create one.
7. Able to use test equipment (e.g. Logic Analyzer) and software debugging tools (e.g. Wireshark) to aid in the integration process. Apply techniques and skills required to identify a root cause of a given software integration issue.
8. Escalates encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion.
9. Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for moderate complexity software designs.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.