Company GE Healthcare
Experience 0 – 2 yrs
Job Role Software Engineer
Company Profile :
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.
The Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to owning the requirements, design, implementation and maintenance of Healthcare applications and platform.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Working closely with architecture team in design, architecture and implementation of the medical imaging application and platform
2. Own the development, build and releases of software modules to multiple modalities.
3. Interacting with modality teams in continuous platform integrations
4. Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to improve productivity
5. Leveraging DFR for software, Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
Quality Specific Goals:
6. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
7. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
8. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
9. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
10. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related computer field
2. 0-2 years of experience in software development
3. Strong Expertise in Core Java programming on Linux/Unix environment and in object oriented design methodology
4. Knowledge of design patterns
5. Software development cycle and automated testing experience
6. Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase
7. Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
1. Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
2. Knowledge of Healthcare domain.
3. Experience in automated testing
4. Proven ability to work cross-functionally
5. Previous experience in C/C++ on Linux/Unix environment