Eligibility: Any Graduate
Experience: 3+ yrs
Job Role: Data Engineer
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects with lots of opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you.
1. Design, build and own all the components of a high volume data warehouse end to end.
2. Build efficient data models using industry best practices and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
3. Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data & reporting solutions owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
4. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
5. Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of data sources
6. Own the functional and nonfunctional scaling of software systems in your ownership area.
7. Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to BI Engineers, Business & Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
Qualifications: Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
Experience: 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
1. Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
2. Experience in SQL
3. Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets using traditional or map reduce batch mechanism.
4. Strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc
5. Extremely proficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
6. Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses
7. Experience with scripting for automation (e.g., UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby).
8. Good to have experience working on AWS stack
9. Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers