Company: American Express
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Job Role: Software Engineer – Java
American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans “Deal-aying” Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
1. Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
2. Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
3. Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
4. Driving consistent development practices – tools and common components
5. Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
6. Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
7. Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
8. Mentoring other engineers.
1. Experience with design and development in an Enterprise setting using Java, J2EE
2. Experience with node, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Relation DBMSs such as Oracle
4. RESTful API development experience
5. Experience with continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter).
6. Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
7. Thorough understanding of XML,SOAP, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
8. Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus
9. Experience with test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development is a plus