Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Job Role: Associate Software Engineer
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide.
1. Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
2. Collaborate with colleagues to automate platform support, processes, standards and tools.
3. Hands on deployment of large projects to support mission critical applications
4. Hands on engineering of Public Cloud services for use by application developers.
5. Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
6. Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure/platform services
7. Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
8. Work with application teams to build IaC and automate their delivery
9. Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience.
1. Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
2. Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
3. Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
4. Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
5. Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
6. Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
7. JSON, Shell, Python, Groovy, Java, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
8. Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
9. Prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef) required.