Company: IHS Markit
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Job Role: SQA Engineer
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
1. Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development lifecycle.
2. Work with the development and business analysis teams to develop acceptance test plans for new products and new functionality on existing products.
3. Execute test plans and report defects to development team. Verify fixes from development.
4. Should be able to estimate the testing efforts for automation, from high level requirement.
5. Keep your manager up to date on test planning and execution status, defects and blocking issues.
6. Help setup and manage multiple test environments.
7. With the rest of the test team, peer review test approach and test cases for a given release.
8. Identify test cases suitable for automation and performance testing.
9. Ability to work with remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
Education: B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA Degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
1. Experience in software testing with hands-on on Corporate Action and Trade processing
2. Excellent knowledge of tools and techniques for:
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
- Exploratory Testing
3. Experience in testing web applications and databases will be advantageous
4. Formal software test qualification (e.g. CSTE, ISTQB) desirable
5. Testing –Experience with Test Management Tools (i.e., IBM Rational Test Manager, IBM RQM, HP Quality Centre, Silk Central Test Manager)
6. Experience on defect management tools like JIRA, HP Quality Centre or any other tool
7. Experience with design and development of manual test cases/test suite based upon functional and design specifications.
8. Knowledge of testing/QA methodologies and processes
9. Experience with API testing and automation is must.