Eligibility: Bachelors Degree
Job Role: Engineer – Software Development
Microchip Technology Incorporated is a leading supplier of embedded control solutions by delivering a broad spectrum of innovative standard and specialized microcontrollers, FPGA products, analog, mixed-signal and security products, wired and wireless connectivity products, related non-volatile memory products and Flash-IP solutions.
1. Work with multiple project teams internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of quality assurance for complex products and platforms, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results evaluation, and proposed corrective actions
2. Work as part of a team to develop, execute, triage, document, and test a series of features within a storage software solutions under various x32 & x64 operating systems to deliver a reliable and cost-effective solution
3. Understand product implementation reading functional specs, source code and engineering discussions
4. Design and develop framework and infrastructure or tools using C++
5. Work together with software, drivers and firmware teams on root-causing defects
6. Reproduce, Root cause and Verify solutions to customer escalations in timely manner
7. Provide project status and estimates and track issues to closure with project managers
8. Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
9. Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related streams.
Experience: Minimum of 0 – 2 years of experience in C++ and Linux
1. Beginners to intermediate programming skills – object oriented design and analysis/debugging skills
2. Good knowledge in Data Structures, System Programming etc
3. Experience or exposure to Data Storage domain
4. Experience on Linux, Windows, and VMware platforms
5. Knowledge in SCSI Primary, Block, and Storage Enclosure command sets.
6. Knowledge of Enterprise servers and storage environments
7. Knowledge in Storage Enclosure Zoning and Management
8. Experience developing software in Advanced REST a plus.
9. Knowledge and use of standards such as REST, HTML5, JSON
10. Knowledge in SOAP, IPMI, CIM, and RESTFUL protocols