Company: Morgan Stanley
Eligibility: Masters Degree
Experience: 2 – 5 yrs
Job Role: Quant Developer – Libraries
Morgan Stanley is rooted in communities around the world—which means a unique opportunity to commit ourselves to philanthropy and public works.
1. Working with desk strats to develop, maintain and support the Fixed Income C++ analytics libraries.
2. Improving the engineering standards and performance of the library code.
3. Adding support for new products and market conventions.
4. Investigating pricing and risk issues.
5. Working closely with IT on integration of the libraries into the firm’s risk systems.
6. Supporting agile, test driven development and continuous integration.
7. Liaising with control functions including model risk, software lifecycle, audit and regulatory.
Qualification: Masters Degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline, such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics or a similar quantitative field.
Experience: Proven experience (2 – 5 years) in a similar role, including exposure to Fixed Income products.
1. Knowledge of vanilla fixed income products, especially interest rate swaps and swaptions.
2. Strong C++ development, including working in a large team with a large, rapidly changing codebase.
3. Good communication skills and the ability to work with trading desks and IT.
4. Knowledge of more exotic Fixed Income products, including structured options, inflation and hybrids.
5. Advanced C++ development on both Linux and Windows.
6. Scala or Python development.