Company: S&P Global
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Job Role: Software Engineer (ETL Developer)
S&P Global Market Intelligence, formerly S&P Capital IQ and SNL Financial, is a division of McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE:MHFI). The firm is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide.
1. Effectively communicating with customers to gather business and functional requirements and translate them into the technical requirements.
2. T-SQL development tasks, including creating and maintaining stored procedures, views, and user defined functions.
3. Implementation of automated ETL routines using SQL Server Integration Services.
4. The construction and enhancement of OLAP databases in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
5. Prioritizing requests from clients and internal stakeholders to meet their needs.
6. Facilitating and support client calls and in-person/onsite meetings.
1. Strong proficiency with reading and writing SQL.
2. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
3. Basic understanding of relational databases and data models.
4. Capable of running or managing multiple projects or deliverables.
1. Experience in SQL Server.
2. Experience in SQL Server Integration Services.
3. Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (not a disqualifier).
4. Knowledge of Cloud services would be advantage.
5. Experience working within financial institutions, especially banks and credit unions.
6. Career focus on data science and business intelligence.
7. Exposure to income statements and balance sheets is a plus.